Please follow these instructions when filling out the membership form.
Click here to download the membership form (click the three dots in the upper right hand corner and choose the "download" option).
- Complete all information in the top half of the form.
- At the very top of the form under MEMBERSHIP YEAR, fill in the year you became a RAFO member.
- At the top of the form, select "NEW MEMBER."
- On the right side of the form, under "Membership Category," fill in "AC-1-25."
- Also on the right side of the form, under "Payment Method," we strongly suggest you check "Payroll Deduction" so dues can be deducted at the third pay period of any semester you teach at RU.
- Because federal law does not currently allow electronic signatures on union membership forms, we ask you to print the form, then sign and date it.
Because Roosevelt is a private institution, it is a closed union shop. This means everyone who teaches as an adjunct is covered by the collective bargaining agreement and needs to complete a form to become a member.
Regarding dues: you are only charged dues for Fall and Spring semesters that you teach here (we do not collect dues in the Summer). Dues are $150 per semester and, when you select the "Payroll Deduction" option, those dues are deducted from your check in November and April.